The Spiritual Care Team at Valley View recognizes the unique role that spirituality has in the healing process. Our chaplains are present to offer support to the mission of caring for patients as a whole person with emotional and spiritual dimensions as well as physical needs.
Chaplains are board certified professionals, clinically trained and educated in the healthcare setting. The support Chaplains offer is inter-faith, supporting patients, their families and the staff who care for them, which means we respect various faith traditions and those without a particular faith tradition.
Spiritual Care services include:
- Comfort in times of distress and despair
- Compassionate listening with respect and without judgment
- Prayer (if requested)
- Support in times of grief and loss
- Celebrations of new life and birth
- Assistance with Advance Directives
- Assistance contacting local clergy of specific faith traditions, and arranging Sacraments and special Blessings and Prayers, as requested.
Hospital Chaplains adhere to the strict standards of confidentiality and HIPPA regulations.
The Valley View Hospital Inter-faith Chapel is located on the 1st floor near the emergency entrance. It is available 24 hours a day for quiet prayer and meditation.
Requests for Spiritual Care can be made through the patient’s nurse or by calling the Chaplain’s office at 970.384.6790.
“We spent a good part of the summer with our son in the hospital, so having a spiritual team with us, for support and prayer, was like being at home with family. It is so wonderful to have a place like Valley View in our own community.” – With gratitude, Carbondale family
Threads of Love
Her busy hands keep babies’ heads warm